- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions, Version 6 - the official guide to writing Cochrane intervention reviews. Updated in 2019
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy - provides detailed guidance for conducting diagnostic accuracy reviews
- MECIR standards - Methodological Expectations of Cochrane Intervention Reviews - provides information about mandatory review reporting
- Information for new Cochrane authors - a easy to use resource with links and guidance for all the essential tools needed to commence a review
- Cochrane Style Manual - guides you to apply Cochrane style for your Review
- Editorial and Publishing Policy Resource - all of Cochrane's essential guidance in one convenient location. And it's searchable!
- Cochrane's Review dissemination checklist and guide - a new resource to help with dissemination of findings from Cochrane intervention reviews.
- Training and support for RevMan Web - has been designed to integrate with other systematic review software and new features and updates are added regularly. Cochrane Review authors can log in to RevMan Web to view the dashboard and edit reviews online.
- GRADEproGDT - is the software used to create 'Summary of findings' (SoF) tables in Cochrane systematic reviews
- GRADE Handbook
Covidence - enables authors to import citations, screen titles and abstracts, upload references, screen full text references, assess risk of bias, perform data extraction, and export data in a range of formats
- CONSORT - reporting of RCTs
- PRISMA (formerly QUOROM) - preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses
- STROBE - reporting of observational studies in epidemiology
- Cochrane Diagnostic Test Accuracy Group
- Newsletters - Get your weekly or monthly dose of Cochrane news straight to your inbox.
Resources are available to assist Cochrane Review authors. All resources are available via the Systematic Review Accelerator (SRA).
- De-duplicator - designed to automatically detect and remove duplicate records with an optional review stage to minimise errors.
- Word Frequency Analyser - counts the number of terms that appear in the title, abstract and keywords of a list of relevant articles so you know which terms to include in your search strategy.
- Polyglot Search Translator – enables writing an Ovid MEDLINE or PubMed search strategy and convert it to run in other health databases such as Embase, CINAHL, PsycINFO, Scopus and Web of Science.
- The SearchRefiner – enables the refinement of a search strategy to improve precision using a set of key, relevant articles.
- SRA Helper - a companion application to EndNote software; uses hotkeys to assign references to a group to make screening faster and easier, and to look for PDFs in various locations, such as institutional libraries, Google Scholar and PubMed.
- The Disputatron – automatically detects screening disagreements between authors from EndNote libraries.
- RevMan Replicant - automatically compiles a draft results section from the data analysis tables (forest plots) in a RevMan file.
Identifying translators for studies in different languages
A handy guide has been developed to help find translators
Training workshops (face to face)
Timetable and registration information to attend Australian training workshops scheduled for this year is available here. Information on all international workshops and courses in review production are listed on the Cochrane Workshops and courses page.
Cochrane Training, online learning
- Cochrane Training online learning. This is the essential resource for all Cochrane review authors. Organised in collections of resources to help authors locate the most relevant guidance
- Open Learning Materials - learn the steps in convenient online modules which supplement the Cochrane Reviewers' Handbook to help you develop skills and complete your review. Contact email@example.com for more information.